1 bunch local asparagus
350g spaghetti or linguine
50g grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs (chives, basil or tarragon)
- Warm a large bowl in the oven.
- Break the woody ends off of the asparagus spears, then slice them into pieces about as long as your thumb.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a rolling boil, then add your pasta. When the pasta is about 3 minutes from being done, drop in your asparagus pieces as well.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain the pasta and asparagus mix in a colander. Transfer to the warmed bowl you've had sitting in the oven.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, Parmesan and herbs. Pour this mixture over the cooked pasta and asparagus, and the heat from the pasta will cook the eggs.
- Finally, season to taste and serve.