1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 12 biscuits
- 170g (6 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 60g (2 oz) demerara sugar
- 140g (5 oz) self-raising flour
- 140g (5 oz) rolled oats
- 1 small pinch salt
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven to 140 C / Gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter and syrup together in a pan over gentle heat. Do not let it boil. While that’s happening, mix the flour and oats in a bowl.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the sugar. Add a small pinch of salt.
- Stir in the oat and flour mix. Add more oats if required, but no more than 225g (8 oz) oats in total.
- Spoon mixture onto greased baking sheet in small blobs, making sure they are evenly spaced. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out and allow to cool.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!