1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Spicy Lime Barbecued Prawns
- 48 king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm (2 in) piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
Prep:30min › Cook:5min › Ready in:35min
- Place the prawns and lime zest in a large, non-metallic bowl. Place the lime juice, chillies, garlic, ginger and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. You may need to add a little oil to facilitate blending. Pour over the bowl of prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing each first through the tail, and then the head.
- Brush cooking grate with oil. Cook prawns for 5 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!