Cheesy Nacho Chilli
- 450g (1 lb) minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 100g (4 oz) nacho or tortilla chips
- 100g (4 oz) Mexican style cheese or Cheddar
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Brown the mince, onion, pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli powder and cumin. Season and simmer for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.
- Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish. Arrange the tortilla chips over the top, overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and place under a medium grill until cheese has melted. Garnish with the chopped coriander.
Use the cheesy nachos to scoop up the chilli. Serve with salsa and soured cream!
Great recipe , easy and quick to make, all the family loved it. I make this on a regular basis now - 11 Jun 2012
nice, easy to make but needed a bit more kick - 04 Jul 2012