Blackberry Rhubarb Pie
- 350g (12 oz) blackberries
- 175g (6 oz) finely chopped rhubarb
- 250g (9 oz) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shop-bought shortcrust pastry case, and additional shortcrust pastry to cover
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Mix together blackberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour.
- Pour into unbaked pastry case. Dot filling with butter or margerine, and cover the top with shortcrust pastry.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas mark 6 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Bake until pie is done, about 30 minutes.
Altered ingredient amounts. If I could give 6 stars I would...fantastic. I did increase the berries and the rhubarb by a litte (had extra). The pie wasn't runny at all. Fab! - 21 Jul 2008
did formy gcse exam in american food got an A thank you - 15 Feb 2011
This is really good stuff! - 21 Jul 2008