1 / 1 Picture by: Bridgett
- 300g caster sugar
- 450g butter
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 375g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 475ml milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr15min › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease and flour one 23 or 25cm tube cake tin.
- By hand cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs all at once and beat well.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together. Add to butter mixture along with 1/2 of the milk. Continue to beat well (the batter will be doughy). Add the remaining milk along with the vanilla and almond extracts. Pour batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 180 C / Gas 4 and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!