1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Braised tofu and vegetables
- 1 (350g) packet tofu firm silken style (such as Blue Dragon)
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 (220g) tin whole water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 90g (3 oz) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 150g (5 oz) mangetout, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 225ml (8 fl oz) water
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Slice tofu block into 3 long slabs lengthwise. Wrap each slice in kitchen roll, and press to squeeze out excess water.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add rapeseed oil and 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil. Once the oil is hot, add the tofu slices to the frying pan. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side, or until delicately browned.
- Remove tofu from frying pan, and slice into cubes. Add the remaining teaspoon sesame oil to the frying pan, and stir-fry the water chestnuts, mushrooms and mangetout. Mix together water and oyster sauce, and add to the frying pan along with the tofu. Cover, and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Try braising with vegetable or chicken stock instead of the water for more flavour.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!