1 / 1 Picture by:
Brandy Sugar Baskets
- 60g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 50g butter
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Prep:45min › Cook:15min › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hr30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Generously grease baking trays. Butter the undersides of five small bowls or ramekins.
- Sift together flour and ginger.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar and syrup and cook until butter is melted. Allow to cool.
- Stir flour mixture and lemon zest into syrup. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared trays, well spaced apart, as the mixture will spread.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven, until golden. Remove from oven and let cool 1 minute. Gently lift the sugar rounds off the tray and bend it over a bowl to shape. Remove baskets when cool and allow to set fully before filling.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!