Brazilian Coconut Chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (400ml) tin light coconut milk
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric and coriander. Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place the chicken in the frying pan. Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the frying pan. Cook and stir the onion, ginger, chillies and garlic for 5 minutes, or until tender. Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes, adding the chicken at the end to heat through. Garnish with the fresh coriander.
Used different ingredients. Ahh also forgot to mention the obvious (you will see from the pic) I used chicken thighs and legs rather than breast... - 21 Apr 2011
Altered ingredient amounts. only used one pepper - 07 Aug 2008
YUMMY!!! - 21 Apr 2011