1 / 1 Picture by: Misty and the Bunnies
Chi Chi Dango Mochi
- 450g mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 500g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 475ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (400ml) tin coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red food colouring
- 200g potato flour
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a 20x30cm baking dish. Whisk together the rice flour, sugar and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the water, vanilla, coconut milk and red food colouring. Blend in the rice flour mixture. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely.
- Turn the dish of mochi out onto a clean surface that has been dusted with potato flour. Cut into bite size pieces using a plastic knife (the mochi does not stick as much to plastic knives).
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!