1 / 1 Picture by: *Sherri*
Chilli Garlic BBQ Salmon
- 1 (1.3kg) whole salmon, cleaned
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
- 3 spring onions, chopped
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Prepare outdoor barbecue for high heat.
- Trim the tail and fins off of the salmon. Make several shallow cuts across the salmon's skin. Place salmon on 3 large, slightly overlapping sheets of aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, stir together soy sauce, chilli sauce, ginger and garlic. Mix in lime juice, lime zest and dark brown soft sugar. Spoon sauce over the salmon.
- Fold the foil over the salmon, and crimp the edges to seal.
- If using hot charcoals, move them to one side of the barbecue. Place the fish on the side of the barbecue that does not have coals directly underneath it, and close the lid. If using a gas barbecue, place the fish on one side, and turn off the flames directly underneath it; close the lid. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove to a serving platter, and pour any juices that may have collected in the foil over the top of the fish. Sprinkle with spring onions.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!