- 250ml water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g plain flour
- 2 litres oil for frying
- 100g caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep frying pan to 190 C. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on kitchen paper.
- Combine 100g sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density and the specific type of oil used.
Easy to make and ready in minutes! Made for my niece and nephew and they absolutely loved them. Thank you - 24 Dec 2013
straight forward, a winner at all times. Perfect breakfast with the right chocolate dip sauce. - 17 May 2013