- 250ml water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g plain flour
- 2 litres oil for frying
- 100g caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep frying pan to 190 C. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on kitchen paper.
- Combine 100g sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density and the specific type of oil used.
straight forward, a winner at all times. Perfect breakfast with the right chocolate dip sauce. - 17 May 2013