Breaded Lamb Loin Chops
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 lamb loin chops
- 225g (8 oz) dried breadcrumbs
Prep:5min › Cook:40min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs and the Worcestershire sauce; stir well. Dip each lamb chop in the egg mixture and then lightly dredge in the breadcrumbs. Arrange them on a lightly greased baking tray or dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn chops over, and cook for 20 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
Something else. I did this recipe with only 2 lamb shoulder round chops. I altered the recipe and added 5 tbsp honey to the egg and Worcestershire mix. I cooked them on one side for 20 minutes and then turned them over and drizzled honey on them and cooked for another 20 minutes. They turned out juicy and delicious! Very similar to the lamb I had at a beloved Morroccan restaurant. Will definetly do again! - 15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. I had some lamb chops in the freezer that needed to be used and this recipe did the trick! As other users suggested, I used half soy and half worcestershire sauce and marinated the chops in the egg mixture for about 1/2 hour before cooking. I added garlic and a bit of fresh-grated parmesan to the coating. I baked for a total of about 35 minutes and the chops came out wonderfully tender and flavourful - really delicious! I will definitely make again and may try this same mix on pork chops as well. Just to update this review - I used this recipe with pork chops this week and it was great! The first time my baked pork chops have come out tender and juicy! - 15 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. easy to make!!, the kids liked it. didn't have any worcestershire sauce so I subsituted with soy sauce it came out very good. - 15 Sep 2008