Breaded Parmesan chicken
- 50g (2 oz) dried breadcrumbs
- 75g (3 oz) grated Parmesan
- 1 dessertspoon Italian seasoning, such as Schwartz
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a medium bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and Italian seasoning. Dip chicken breasts in egg, then in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Place coated chicken on a baking tray or dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning chicken over after 15 minutes.
It was tasty, but a bit bland to be honest. Personally I think there are more interesting twists you can do with an oven-baked chicken fillet, but this definitely works as an easy, no hassle mid-week dinner. - 15 Apr 2012
- 30 Nov 2012
I also found this a little bit bland. It would be nice with a pureed tomato sauce I think. Also, worth using small pieces of chicken instead of large chicken breasts like I used. - 06 Apr 2014