Broccoli Fried Rice
- 275g uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g broccoli florets
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Sauté broccoli until tender but still crisp, and add spring onions. Remove from frying pan. Scramble eggs; return broccoli mixture to pan. Stir in cooked rice, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
Allow the rice to sit a moment to cool after it's finished cooking. This will prevent it from getting mushy when you fry it. This dish is best, however, using leftover rice.
Something else. this is lovely but is absaloutely scrumptious with orange and apple. - 29 Sep 2009
it was absaloutely delicous the best leftover rice ive tasted 5 stars :-D :-D - 29 Sep 2009
Made it healthier. i added wholegrain rice, carrots and colliflower to the mix. i also used a soy sauce made with LO salt and with no added GM. - 04 Jun 2010