1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Broccoli with Tomatoes and Basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 450g (16 oz) broccoli florets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the tomatoes, vinegar and basil and simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Place the broccoli on top of the tomatoes, and season with a little salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Do not over cook the broccoli, it should be a vibrant green. Pour into a serving dish, and toss to blend with the sauce before serving.
It's nice but I'm finding the broccoli itself a little bland, any tips anyone? Gorgeous side dish though! - 30 Mar 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!