1 / 1 Picture by: SunnyByrd
Haricots Verts Lyonnaise
- 3.75L water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 680g fresh fine green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large red onion, sliced in rings
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- freshly ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
Prep:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- In a large pot bring salted water to the boil. Carefully drop, by handfuls, green beans into boiling water. Return water to the boil for 5 minutes. Immediately drain the beans and plunge them into ice water for 5 minutes. Drain and wrap in a clean cloth; set aside.
- In the same pot heat butter over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic. Remove from heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the butter, and discard it. To the garlic flavoured butter add onions and thyme. Cover the pot and braise the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until soft and transparent. Increase the heat to medium-high, uncover the pot and slightly caramelise the onion.
- Stir the green beans into the pot. After 1 to 2 minutes, de glaze the pot with red wine vinegar. Season to taste with sea salt, pepper and nutmeg. Sprinkle with parsley.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!