1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Halibut with Caper Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g (16 oz) halibut steaks
- 120ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 60g (2 oz) butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons capers, with liquid
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Fry the halibut steaks on all sides until nicely browned. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Pour the wine into the pan, and scrape any browned bits from the bottom. Let the wine reduce by more than half, then stir in the garlic, butter and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for a minute to blend the flavours.
- Return the steaks to the pan, and coat them with sauce. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve fish immediately with the sauce from the pan poured over it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!