Caramelised Chicken Wings
- 1.5kg (3 lb) chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 225ml (8 fl oz) honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Place chicken in one layer in a baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelised.
Something else. I followed some previous suggestions when using this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I cooked the sauce on the hob for about 15 minutes then put it on top of the chicken. 20 minutes at 200 and it turned out delicious. - 18 Jul 2008
Something else. I let the chicken wings 'marinate' in the sauce for about 10 hours to enhance the flavour! - 09 Apr 2010
Used different ingredients. I substituted boneless skinless chicken breasts-loved the taste! - 18 Jul 2008