1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Caramelised Onions with Red Swiss Chard
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark brown soft sugar
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard, rinsed and chopped
- 60g (2 oz) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- In a frying pan, cook onions in olive oil over medium high heat until they begin to brown. Stir in brown sugar, and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- When onions are caramelised, stir in chard and olives. Cook until chard is slightly wilted. Stir in capers and salt, and continue cooking until chard is completely wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with black pepper and squeeze lemon over the top.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!