Carrot and fresh coriander soup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 900ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
- large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Extra time:5min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute the carrots and onion for a few minutes until the onion has softened a little.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and add the coriander. Bring to the boil, and cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup until smooth, using a hand blender or food processor. Reheat before serving if necessary. Serve with crusty bread.
I used chicken stock in this recipe as I didn't have any vegatable stock. It was absolutely delicious! :D - 22 Jan 2012
Made this yesterday, it's a very delicious soup! I added a few more carrots, a full onion and some celery. It was lovely and thick and very very filling! - 10 Nov 2012
Used different ingredients. I didn't have any fresh coriander so I used dried coriander leaves instead. Still tasted very good. I also cooked the soup for another 5 mins. before pureeing because the carrots weren't soft enough - 05 Nov 2010