Cherry Tomatoes Filled with Goats' Cheese
- 110g (4 oz) natural white goats' cheese
- handful fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 cherry tomatoes
Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Mix with a fork until well blended.
- Halve each cherry tomato. Using a small spoon, carefully scoop out the pulp to make a hollow, yet sturdy, shell. Drain off any juice that may be in the tomato shells.
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture and carefully stuff into a tomato shell. Repeat until tomatoes or cheese mixture is used up. Arrange the filled tomatoes on a serving platter.
Used different ingredients. I thought this was a great recipe! Well worth the time of hollowing out all those cherry tomatoes (I doubled the recipe). I used it for my boyfriend's art opening and people loved them! I did not use any salt and it was a good thing I did. It would have been way too salty otherwise. I also used a combination of feta and crumbled blue cheese for added flavour. - 15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. YUM!! This was the best. I wanted to note a cool modification on this recipe. One of my flatmates is lactose intolerant (so obviously, he can't have cheese). I bought some tofu and substituted it for the goat cheese in his "stuffed tomatoes". I was a little worried how it would turn out, in fact I told him that if it was "gross" that he didn't have to eat it. I stuffed one tomato for him and had him try it, and he thought it was GREAT. The only change he would make is that next time I should buy the "extra firm" tofu instead of the "firm" tofu. So I was pleasantly surprised that the substitution worked. Thanks for a great recipe. It was easier than I thought it would be! - 15 Sep 2008
Really easy recipe. Can easily be doubled and is great at parties. You can fill the tomatoes with seasoned cream cheese too! - 15 Sep 2008