1 / 1 Picture by: abapplez
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cooked chicken breasts or leftover roast chicken, chopped
- 1.5L (2 1/2 pints) chicken stock
- 2 to 3 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
- 1 dessertspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 (400g) tins cannellini beans, undrained
- 100g (4 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
Prep:10min › Cook:40min › Ready in:50min
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add the chicken, chicken stock, green chillies, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the beans. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly. Pour into individual bowls and top with grated cheese.
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Try it with turkey, too!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!