1 / 1 Picture by: Sean Lemecha
- 450g sashimi grade tuna
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 55g Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Prep:15min › Cook:2min › Ready in:17min
- Season the tuna with salt and pepper. Coat lightly on all sides with breadcrumbs. Heat olive oil in a large heavy frying pan over high heat. The pan should be as hot as you can get it.
- Place the tuna in the pan and sear on each side for about 45 seconds for small portions or 1 minute for large. Remove from pan. The tuna will be very rare.
- Slice each 'brick' into 5mm thick slices and fan out on a serving plate.
- With a sharp knife, cut the tuna into 4 large pieces for appetiser portions, 2 large pieces for dinner portion. Use your judgment on what shape you want to cut your tuna because not all tuna is the same size or shape. However, the shape should somewhat resemble a miniature brick.
Sashimi grade tuna can be purchased at speciality fishmongers. You may need to place a special order for it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!