1 / 1 Picture by:
Mince Beef Stew
- 450g mince beef
- 950ml water, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.25kg potatoes, peeled
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt to taste
Prep:35min › Cook:1hr30min › Extra time:10min resting › Ready in:2hr15min
- Break up the mince in a large, deep pot. Pour in water, and season with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover and soak beef for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Add whole potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions. Stir in additional water, if needed, until potatoes are mostly covered.
- Cover the pot and bring to the boil slowly over medium-low heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the potatoes begin to fall apart, about 1 hour, adding water as needed, to keep the stew moist. Season with salt to taste. Cover, remove from heat, and allow stew to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!