1 / 1 Picture by: Dawn
Creamy Chicken Tomato Fettucine
- 115g dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 115g fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 60g cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Once the water is boiling, stir in the fettuccine and return to the boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken breast fillets over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Pour the Italian dressing and balsamic vinegar over the chicken, add the mushrooms and cook, covered, until the chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove the chicken breasts and cut into strips.
- Stir the tomatoes, cream cheese and basil together in the frying pan with the mushrooms over medium-low heat until the mixture comes to the boil. Stir to melt the cream cheese into the sauce, add the chicken strips and the cooked fettuccine and toss together. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!