1 / 1
El Burrito Carlito
125 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a delicious dish originating from Austria/Germany. Thin escalopes of pork are crumbed and deep-fried to perfection. Feel free to substitute the pork with veal, if desired.
1 litre oil for deep frying
6 (175g) fillets pork
145g plain flour
240g dry breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or large pan to 180 degrees C.
- Place meat on a solid, level surface and pound with a mallet until it is 2.5 to 5mm thick.
- Place the flour and breadcrumbs in separate plates. Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk. Lightly season with salt and pepper and put this into another plate.
- Coat the meat in flour, patting lightly by hand. Using a fork to hold the meat, dip into the egg mixture and drain slightly.
- Next, coat with the breadcrumbs by lightly pressing the crumbs into the meat. When each piece of meat has been prepared, deep fry in cooking oil until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate