- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 venison sausages
- 2 oions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 (420g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml (1 pint) passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- handful fresh coriander, chopped for garnish
- 4 tablespoons soured cream, to serve
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Fan 170 C / Gas 5. Heat the oil in a flameproof, ovenproof casserole dish. Fry the sausages for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Add the onions and chilli and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomato wedges, cannellini beans, passata, chilli powder and ground cumin and mix well together Bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and then transfer to the oven for 30 minutes. Garnish with the coriander and serve with the soured cream.
You can use any type of tasty sausage, but the Venison ones are particularly tasty and lower fat and lower calorie than regular sausages.
You could use pinto or haricot beans.
Chopped peppers could be used for added flavour with the onions and chilli.