1 person made this
About this recipe:
Homemade mayonnaise made with olive oil and a hint of mustard that adds a special touch to dishes you use it with.
Makes: 200 ml
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons mustard powder
100ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml sunflower oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
salt to taste
2 tablespoons boiling water
- Separate room temperature eggs, and place yolks in blender. Freeze egg whites for later use.
- Add mustard powder to egg yolks, and blend.
- Add olive oil, drop by drop and blend until totally combined with egg yolk mixture before adding next drop. You can add more oil each time further into the process.
- Add sunflower oil little at a time blending well between additions, till mayonnaise is thick.
- Season mayonnaise with salt, lemon juice, lime juice and rice wine vinegar.
- Add boiling water, this both thins the mayonnaise and prevents it separating. The mayonaise should be yellow in colour.
Keep in fridge. It will last about a week.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate