Spicy Chilli Jam
- 1 large green pepper
- 12 green chillies
- 350ml (12 fl oz) cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 900g (2 lb) caster sugar
- 100g (4 oz) liquid pectin
- 4 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
Prep:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr5min
- Combine the green pepper and 12 chillies in a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. This can be done in batches, if the chillies do not fit.
- Transfer the chillies to a large saucepan, and stir in the cider vinegar. Bring to the boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the mixture through at least 2 layers of cheesecloth or muslin, and discard pulp. You should have about 225ml (8 fl oz) of liquid.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to the boil over medium high heat. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for 1 minute, then stir in the pectin.
- Stir in the remaining chillies, and ladle into sterile jars leaving a small headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jam after seal is broken.
If you can find them, use fresh jalapeno chillies for this jam. You could also try using a red pepper and red chillies.
this was alot easier to make than i thought it would be and very tasty, will be making this again - 28 Feb 2011
Amazing and tasty recipe, easy to make and delicious - 12 Aug 2013