64 people made this
About this recipe:
Soft and chewy cookies with crunchy Smarties and egg free too. You can use chocolate chips is your prefer :)
Makes: 16 cookies
112g (4oz) margarine
85g (3oz) light brown soft sugar
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup
a few drops vanilla extract
170g (6oz) self-raising flour
112g (4oz) Smarties® or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the milk, golden syrup, vanilla extract, self-raising flour and Smarties to the mixture and mix well to make a thick batter a bit like a cake mix.
- Place spoonfuls onto a greased and floured baking tray/cookie pan making sure there is enough space in between so the mix can spread.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy :)
I use 150 C / fan assisted as my oven is unpredictable.
loved these cookies so easy to make,the golden syrup gives them such a nice flavour. would like to try them with peanut butter in will let you know if it works!
- 08 Oct 2011
Used different ingredients.
I had to use soft dark brown sugar as I had no light brown, but cookies were still delicious!!!!
- 26 Oct 2010
A little on the sweet side, but totally gorgeous cookies!
Will definitely be making again
- 26 Oct 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate