1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 24 empanadas
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 125ml water
- 2 tablespoons plain flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Whisk together the 250g flour, salt and sugar in a bowl until evenly blended; make a well in the centre of the mixture. Whisk the egg yolk and water together in a small bowl until smooth; pour into the well and mix to form a stiff dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Roll the pastry with a rolling pin until thin, sprinkling with flour to prevent from sticking. Brush with melted butter and roll it like a swiss roll. Cut with a sharp knife into 4cm slices. Roll each piece into a circle and fill with about 1 tablespoon filling. Fold over into half moons and seal.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!