1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes Photos
Chocolate loaf cake
- 150g butter
- 175g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 250g flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate, grated
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:1hr15min › Ready in:2hr30min
- Beat the butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually stir in the eggs, sugar and vanilla until you have a foamy mixture. Stir in the milk and rum. Mix flour and baking powder and gradually stir into the batter. Finally, fold in the grated dark chocolate and the chopped milk chocolate.
- Bake the chocolate cake in the preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Fan 160 C / Gas 4. Grease a 1lb loaf tin.
Very easy cake. I've made it several times, and it's always been good. - 21 Oct 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!