Classic Yorkshire Pudding
- 125g (4 oz) plain flour
- 225ml (8 fl oz) whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons beef dripping
Prep:1hr › Cook:35min › Ready in:1hr35min
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, milk, eggs and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat 5 minutes, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7. Coat a 18x28cm (7x11 in) roasting tin with dripping. Preheat the tin 15 minutes so the dripping is hot and sizzling.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator. Beat briefly, then scoop into the tin. Bake 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Without opening the oven, continue baking 15 minutes. The mixture should be puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Wonderful yorkshire puddings. I have tried loads of recipies searching for the perfect pudding and at last I have now found it. Will use this recipe all the time now. Thankyou - 30 Oct 2010
Excellent recipe, puddings rise amazingly, even if you do not have time to rest the batter. Thank you - 11 Aug 2009
used this recipe for toad-in-the-hole this evening, was delicious, i will be using it again xx - 14 Apr 2012