Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- 260g peanut butter (your choice, smooth or chunky)
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 125g softened margarine
- 1 large egg
- 175g chocolate chips
- sugar, for rolling (optional)
Prep:5min › Cook:12min › Ready in:17min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix peanut butter, sugar, margarine and egg together until smooth. Add chocolate chips and fold mixture until chocolate chips are evenly spread through the mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a baking tray 5cm apart. If desired, roll in extra sugar before placing on tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not brown, do not overbake.
I went by the recipe and mine came out as one big gooey mess. Will try them one more time. - 16 May 2011
I took the 1st batch out a little early so they were a bit fragile - I let the next batches go a little brown and they are perfect. Amazingly easy and loved by the family (and me!) - 08 Feb 2011