1 / 1 Picture by:
- 125g (4 oz) butter
- 125g (4 oz) sugar
- 250g (8 oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Sieve together the flour, salt, spices, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Rub in the butter, and add the sugar. Spoon the syrup in to a cup, stand in shallow water in a pan and heat gently until soft.
- Pour the liquid syrup onto the other ingredients and work in thoroughly. With floury hands, roll the mixture into small balls and place on a greased baking tray, well spaced out.
- Bake in preheated oven moving the biscuits from the top to the bottom shelf of the oven the moment they being to brown.
- Cooking time is about 10 - 20 minutes according to size.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!