Bread machine banana bread
Makes: 1 loaf banana bread
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 150g raw sugar
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Prep:5min › Cook:1hr50min › Ready in:1hr55min
- Break bananas into small chunks and add to bread machine.
- Add all other ingredients to bread machine.
- Cook in bread machine on cake setting (dark).
- If its not quite cooked when it beeps then put it on bake for a little longer - it's cooked when you put in a skewer and it comes out clean.
if you don't have raw sugar then try brown soft sugar.
Altered ingredient amounts. I used 5 bananas, and less sugar, i threw in a tablespoon of pear and apple spread to use it up and added chopped walnuts and raisins - 07 Nov 2010
I liked this recipe because it didn't have bicarb of soda in it. I did have to bake it for much longer and found the base and sides to be on the near side of burnt, however my husband loved these chewy cuts so none wasted. It made a moist, chewy bread, and the raisins and nuts gave a lovely texture. I will definitely be making this again. - 07 Nov 2010