1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This is a fantastic breakfast or brunch recipe. Portabello mushrooms are stuffed with breadcrumbs, seasoned with cheese and bacon bits, then topped with egg and baked.
2 large portabello mushrooms
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
4 tablespoons grated mature Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
1 tablespoon bacon flavour bits
2 eggs, at room temperature
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- Place breadcrumbs, cheese, thyme and steak seasoning into food processor. Process until well combined. Stir in bacon bits.
- Peel outer skin from mushrooms and remove stalks. Place 1 teaspoon garlic in centre of each mushroom. Top with breadcrumb mixture and dot with butter.
- Place into prepared dish. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until top is golden and sizzling.
- With a spoon, press down on the filling to form a a shallow dip. Crack an egg into each mushroom. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate