Makes: 12 -24 flapjacks
- 200g porridge oats
- 30g plain flour
- 100g butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats and flour.
- In a saucepan, melt together butter, sugar and golden syrup. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour golden syrup mixture into the oat mixture. Stir well.
- Transfer to baking tray and level with back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and firm. Mark into 12 large or 24 small squares.
- Allow to cool in the tray. Use a sharp knife to cut through the squares and remove them.
i found it to b alittle dry but still yummy, my fella gave it a 8/10, - 05 Aug 2011
I'd agree that this was pretty dry, and it really didn't make much with the mixture; I only got 12 smallish pieces out of it. Still, it tastes good. I added some fruit bits and a tablespoon of brandy. - 22 Jan 2012
Yummy! - 08 May 2011