Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
This refreshing dessert is perfect for the summer. Orange juice, fresh strawberries and sweetened berry tea are frozen together. Serve with fresh raspberries for the perfect treat.
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
150g caster sugar
600ml berry flavoured tea, hot
1 orange, juiced
150g raspberries to serve
Extra time:6hr freezing ›
- Stir sugar into the hot tea to dissolve. Let cool.
- Puree strawberries and orange juice in a liquidiser or food processor.
- Stir pureed strawberries into the cool tea and pour into a 15cm x 20cm or similar sized plastic container. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and use a fork to break up the ice crystals, mixing them back into the chilled liquid.
- Repeat this process every 40 minutes until you have a container filled crushed ice.
- If freezing overnight, remove from the freezer and allow it to soften for 30 minutes before breaking up the crystals and returning it to the freezer.
- To serve, layer the granita with the raspberries in tall glasses.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate