1 person made this
About this recipe:
These morsels will make your taste buds sing. Buttery shortcrust pastry encases a delicious strawberry jam filling. If you're stretched for time, use ready-made pastry.
Makes: 30 depending on the thickness of the tart cases
250g plain flour
250g salted butter
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g strawberry jam or any other jam
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease or line a mini muffin tin.
- In the bowl, combine flour, sugar, milk, vanilla and butter. Mix until a dough is formed.
- Turn out onto a floured board and divide into pieces. Place one ball of dough in the hole of the mini muffin tin. Use your fingers to press down to make a mini tart case. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spoon about one tablespoon of jam into each tart case.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tarts are golden brown and the jam is bubbling.
- Cool in tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool fully. Dust with icing sugar.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate