Chicken and Mushroom Fettucine
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This spicy pasta dish is not only delicious, but it's also easy to make. Marinated chicken and mushrooms are baked, then served with fresh fettucine and tomato wedges.
1 tablespoon dark brown soft sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground white pepper
2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 skinless chicken breast fillets, each cut into 4 to 5 pieces
30g butter, melted
200g mushrooms, chopped
3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons chutney
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
500g fresh fettuccine
4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
Extra time:1hr marinating ›
- Combine the dark brown soft sugar, ginger, white pepper, mustard powder, salt and curry powder in a large freezer bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag, one piece at a time. Shake the bag to coat evenly and transfer to a baking dish. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Brush chicken with melted butter and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once. Add mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tomato ketchup, chutney, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce. Pour over chicken and mushrooms.
- Bake, basting a couple of times for 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile cook fettucine according to package instructions. Serve chicken over cooked fettucine and top with tomatoes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate