1 / 1 Picture by: steventhrelfall
Roast Wild Duck
Makes: 2 - 4 roast ducks
- 2-4 wild ducks
- fruit for stuffing, such as Asian pears, apricots, apple and onion
- 2-4 oven bags
- For Each Oven Bag
- 100ml olive oil
- 125ml water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves crushed unpeeled garlic
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic black bean paste
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 pork spare rib (optional)
Prep:45min › Cook:4hr › Ready in:4hr45min
- When cleaning the ducks, make sure you trim at the joints rather than cutting bone. This will prevent putting holes in oven bags.
- Place each duck in a large pot or bowl filled with salted water to cover for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Stuff each duck with fruit and some onion. Mix all the oven bag ingredients together and place in each bag. Place 1 duck into each bag and seal.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 120 C / Gas 1/2 and cook for another 3 to 4 hours. Make a small hole in oven bag (to vent) near the tied end so the bag can be lifted to turn ducks over.
Wild ducks can be purchased in speciality butchers when in-season. Oven bags can be purchased online.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!