Venison stir fry with rice
2 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a fantastic way to enjoy venison. Freshly cooked rice is topped with stir-fried venison and vegetables. It's a simple, yet hearty meal for any day of the week.
400g venison, cut into long, thin strips
2 teaspoons crushed ginger
2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 large onion, finely sliced
400g ready-prepared vegetables for stir fry
olive oil, for frying
finely chopped spring onion, for garnish
Extra time:30min marinating ›
- Make the marinade by mixing together ginger, sugar, soy sauce and spring onion. Mix in the venison, cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the packet's instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a hot frying pan or wok. Stir fry the vegetables for about 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- To the marinated venison, mix in the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan and fry venison until tender.
- To serve, place cooked rice onto a plate. Top with meat, then vegetables and garnish with spring onions.
Not bad, just lacked a little flavour. I think I'd probably put some kind of sauce on it next time.
- 13 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate