1 / 1 Picture by:
Venison Stir Fry with Rice
- 400g venison, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely sliced
- 400g ready-prepared vegetables for stir fry
- 375g rice
- olive oil, for frying
- finely chopped spring onion, for garnish
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Extra time:30min marinating › Ready in:1hr30min
- Make the marinade by mixing together ginger, sugar, soy sauce and spring onion. Mix in the venison, cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the packet's instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a hot frying pan or wok. Stir fry the vegetables for about 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- To the marinated venison, mix in the onion. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan and fry venison until tender.
- To serve, place cooked rice onto a plate. Top with meat, then vegetables and garnish with spring onions.
Not bad, just lacked a little flavour. I think I'd probably put some kind of sauce on it next time. - 13 Aug 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!