1 / 1
13 people made this
About this recipe:
This crunchy chicken dish is simple to make and tastes fab. Tender chicken pieces are coated in a herb and spice mix, then fried to perfection. They are finger-licking good.
2kg chicken pieces
250ml to 500ml milk
hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco® sauce
250g plain flour, sifted
1 heaped tablespoon salt
1 1/2 heaped tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
olive oil or sunflower oil as needed
- Rinse chicken, cut off excess fat, cut big pieces in half and pat dry with a towel.
- Combine milk, a few drops of hot pepper sauce and eggs in a bowl; beat to mix well and set side.
- In a large container with a lid, shake together the dry ingredients.
- Dip chicken pieces in the milk mixture and shake off any excess. Then dredge well in the seasoned flour.
- Place dredged chicken onto a clean surface and repeat with the remaining chicken. Let sit for 30 minutes. (The coating will get moist).
- Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 2/3.
- Heat a large deep frying pan with 2cm depth of oil until hot. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time until light brown on both sides. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- After frying each batch, place them on a rack in the preheated oven (with a tray underneath to catch the drips).
- Chicken breasts will take a little less time than bone-in pieces. Thighs take the longest, so cook thighs and legs first. That way they will spend a bit longer in the oven than the breasts.
- Pierce with a fork to see if juices run clear to check for doneness.
absolutely loved it. thank you for this recipe
- 10 Sep 2011
Write a review
Click on stars to rate