Be the first to make this!
About this recipe:
The classic Reuben sandwich made into an oven bake. Cubed rye bread is layered with sauerkraut, salt beef brisket, drizzled with a dressing and then topped with Gruyere cheese.
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
1 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoons chopped pickles or relish
6 slices rye bread, cubed
2/3 (700g) jar sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
450g sliced salt beef brisket, cut into strips
215g Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Make the dressing, by blended together the mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, capers and chopped pickles/relish. Set aside.
- Spread cubed bread in the bottom of a 23x33 cm or similar sized baking dish. Spread sauerkraut evenly over the cubed bread, then layer beef strips over sauerkraut. Pour dressing over all.
- Spray foil with cooking oil spray and use to cover baking dish, sprayed side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate