1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
Prawn egg foo yung
- 225g (8 oz) fresh beansprouts
- 150g (5 oz) cooked small prawns
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 125g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the sauce
- 350ml (12 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Ready in:35min
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beansprouts, prawns, eggs, mushrooms, spring onions and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a deep frying pan over high heat until 1 or 2 drops of water bubble when sprinkled in. Add oil and turn heat back to medium high. Pour in 120ml of egg mixture into pan. Form into a patty with a silicone spatula. Fry until golden brown, turning once, about 4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture. If you need to, add more oil. Keep patties warm in the oven on very low heat.
- To make the sauce: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine chicken stock, soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper to taste. Bring to the boil. Mix cornflour and water; stir into stock mix. Cook and stir until thickened (about 10 seconds). Drizzle over patties.
They can be made in advance: fry and wrap them, and freeze for up to 1 month! Just before serving, reheat them in a warm oven, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!