1 / 1 Picture by:
Veggie packed cottage pie
Makes: 1 cottage pie
- 1/2 swede
- 2 parsnips
- 3 carrots
- 25g peas
- 25g sweetcorn
- 25g kidney beans
- 25g butter beans
- 1 tin of baked beans or chopped tomatoes
- 400g minced beef
- 4 to 5 medium potatoes
- 25g butter
- 30ml milk
- grated cheese
- oil for frying
- herbs also can be added for extra flavour
Prep:30min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Boil water in a saucepan whilst peeling and chopping potatoes, then add to water to boil for approx 20 min or until potatoes are soft.
- Brown mince in a little oil in frying pan. Whilst waiting for this to cook prepare the vegetables by peeling and chopping (you can use frozen and/or fresh vegetables).
- Drain oil from browned mince and place in a large bowl with raw vegetables, then mix with baked beans (or chopped plum tomatoes) add herbs if desired. Once mixed, place in a large oven-proof dish and flatten with back of a spoon.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain water and mash potatoes adding butter and a little milk till desired texture.
- Spoon potato mash onto mince and vegetable mix, smooth with back of spoon, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 minutes or until cheese has browned, serve hot with more vegetables or on its own. Enjoy!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!