Easy Baked Salmon Cakes
- 1 (213g) tin salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g (5 oz) dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- In a medium bowl, mix together salmon, egg, olive oil, spring onions and 75g breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into 8 patties. Coat patties with remaining breadcrumbs, and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, turning once, or until golden brown on both sides.
Altered ingredient amounts. Use two tins of salmon instead of one. Add garlic. Also add onions and green peppers. I make a sauce with mayo, lime juice & dill for dipping. Like I said, these come out consistently fantastic. - 07 Aug 2008
Something else. I made a dipping sauce to go with it: 2 tbsp light mayo, 1 tbsp lemon juice, pinch of basil. - 07 Aug 2008
I made these last night and they are soooo delicious!!!I will def be making them on a regular basis. I had mine with sweet chilli sauce! Very meaty and very tasty!!! - 12 Jan 2011