1 / 1 Picture by:
Creamy Venison Casserole
- 900g lean venison, diced
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 225g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 425g passata
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 225ml soured cream
Prep:20min › Cook:2hr20min › Ready in:2hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Toss venison cubes with flour to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil to smoking in a large frying pan. Add venison and cook until well browned, then remove and set aside. Pour in remaining 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil; when hot, add mushrooms and cook until softened then stir in onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the venison, then add passata, garlic granules, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into a casserole dish, cover and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soured cream and continue cooking until venison is tender, about 30 minutes longer.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!